Process Testwork & Flowsheet Development Studies
Almost all deposits are different and have specific metallurgical challenges that need to be resolved in order to be able to develop them. Metallurgical testwork is always required to be able to develop robust and metallurgically efficient process flowsheets. SRK has the experienced staff to manage the testwork program and to investigate, evaluate and solve the processing issues.
SRK metallurgists, working closely with in-house geologists, mineralogists and mining engineers, will select representative samples from across the orebody and develop tailor made test work programs to investigate all aspects of the mineralogy, metallurgy and associated treatment processes. SRK is familiar with defining and supervising test work programs from laboratory scale through to pilot plant operation. SRK will take responsibility for defining, managing, evaluating and reporting all stages of the test work program, working closely with the clients representative.
Once the extractive methods have been identified and the processing parameters established, SRK will take these conceptual factors and develop proven and cost effective process flowsheets that can be used as part of the ongoing development of a project.
SRK’s engineers are experienced in all facets of metallurgical testwork – sample selection, testwork development and management, and flowsheet design based on testwork results.
Recent project examples include:
- Russian Cu-Au-Fe concentrator – metallurgical study including comminution circuit testwork and design, a review of flotation and
- magnetic separation testwork and development of a flowsheet (laboratory and pilot plant).
- Liberian gold project – flowsheet design for conceptual study, testwork program design for Pre-Feasibility Study.
- Venezuelan gold project – testwork program design for a Feasibility Study.
- Diamond Project in North West Russia – testwork definition, supervision and interpretation.
- Experienced metallurgists and mineral processing engineers familiar with defining and supervising test work programs from laboratory scale through to pilot plant operation.
In-house process mineralogy and metallurgical expertise covering:
- crushing and materials handling;
- grinding –Conventional rod and ball milling, AG and SAG mills, HPGR, vertical mill;
- minerals processing such as ore sorting, classification, flotation, DMS, filtration;
- hydrometallurgy including heap leaching, atmospheric and pressure leaching, adsorption and desorbtion, precipitation, bio-oxidation, SXEW; and
- Pyrometallurgy using Associate metallurgists.
- Access to specialists through a network of known Associates from around the world.
- Close association with Cardiff University – providing laboratory test facilities and analytical services.
- Flowsheet development for conceptual through to full feasibility studies.