Independent Engineer - Due Diligence & EPCM Monitoring
SRK is an independent mining consultancy, privately owned by its employees. It is not owned by nor has any interest in any financial institutions or mining companiess, as such SRK is able to act totally impartially.
This independence allows SRK to act on behalf of its clients in the role of a multidiscipline engineer to monitor and report on all aspects of a mining project during the project life cycle including processing and metallurgy. This includes technical audits of feasibility studies, review and progress monitoring during project implementation, performance testing as part of the project handover and operational monitoring and reporting through start-up, ramp-up and in to steady production.
SRK is able to provide specific specialists to match the specific needs of both the project and the client.
- Independent Engineer for the Talvivaara Nickel Project. This role has included the preparation of the Technical Audit Report on the project as part of a USD 300 million loan facility followed by monitoring and reporting on the project including the metallurgical aspects of the new bio-heap leach process and the extensive metals recovery plant.
- Independent Engineer acting on behalf of financing syndicate for a refractory gold project in Romania. The role has involved a review of the project’s Feasibility Study and an ongoing role in monitoring progress through detailed engineering to construction and initial production.
- Review of a novel process to treat a low grade tin ore developed by a cconfidential client in Kazakhstan. This involved an independent review and reporting of the testwork and process design as part of the ongoing commercialisation of the process. The report including a review of available testwork, the process chemistry, the proposed flow sheet and equipment selection, client’s capital and operating costs together with SRK recommendations for further work.
- Independent Engineer acting on behalf of financial institution for a gold project in Burkina Faso nearing commissioning. The role commenced with a review of the Feasibility Study and has continued on an ongoing basis reviewing progress through detailed engineering and construction.
- Independent Engineer acting on behalf of a funding syndicate for a copper-gold project in Kazakhstan. The role has involved a review of progress through construction and commissioning, and an ongoing role monitoring production ramp-up and optimisation.
- Independent Engineer acting on behalf of a financial institution for a mineral sands project in Mozambique. The role involved a review of the project’s Feasibility Study, followed by an ongoing review of detailed engineering, construction, commissioning and production ramp-up and optimisation.
- Fully independent technical audits of all aspects of metallurgy and processing;
- independent assessment and interpretation of metallurgical testwork;
- audit of feasibility study work;
- monitoring and progress reporting of metallurgical aspects during project implementation;
- capital cost and cost control monitoring over project life cycle;
- monitoring and evaluation of process and metallurgical performance tests; and
- operational assessments and reporting.