Groundwater is a critically important global resource which requires careful protection and management. Many infrastructure projects, industrial processes or others activities impact groundwater and a hydrogeological study is often essential in such circumstances.
SRK has a full service capability of hydrogeological services and a wealth of global experience. Our hydrogeologists work with related scientific and engineering specialists in SRK to provide a team matched to the requirements of the project.
Regional groundwater resource studies;
- hydrogeological desk studies and conceptual model development;
- design, project management and supervision of groundwater monitoring well, abstraction borehole and well field installation;
- design, project management, supervision and analysis of borehole pumping tests;
- design and management of dewatering scheme;
- groundwater modelling;
- aquifer management studies;
- specialist groundwater investigation: packer testing; piezometer design and installation etc;
- groundwater risk assessment;
- groundwater contamination and contaminant transport modelling;
- drainage and soakaway design;
- groundwater data handling and management;
- hydrogeological baseline studies for environmental impact assessment (EIA);
- permitting and licensing; and
regulatory support and advice. Approach
Hydrogeological assessments range from regional aquifer resource management studies through to highly specialist investigations on complex construction projects. Many studies require a multi-disciplinary approach incorporating geologists, chemists, engineers and other professionals.
SRK’s hydrogeological services are built on experience, a team approach and a practical focus. We take projects through from desk study inception through to commissioning (and decommissioning when required!).
SRKs capability is built upon an experienced team of hydrogeologists, hydrologists, surface and groundwater modellers, geochemists and environmental scientists.
This expertise is supported by state of the art software tools for modelling of groundwater flow, surface water hydrology, contaminant transport.