SRK staff are able to cover the complete range of disciplines required to produce a feasibility study for a mining project. The SRK approach would typically be to assist with the field work, testing and laboratory programs required to gather the base data. Prior to undertaking the feasibility study, scoping and pre-feasibility studies will have defined the project scope and direction.
The feasibility study itself would be tackled by a group of in-house consultants managed by an experienced professional engineer. Where necessary, specialist sub consultants would be brought in to provide input on key parts of the study. Quality is maintained through regular in-house reviews by the project director. Client liaison is of paramount importance and regular progress reports and meetings are considered to be integral parts of the study.
The services that SRK can provide are as follows:
- Coverage of the full range of field activities required to prepare a Feasibility Study including supervision of drilling, geological and geotechnical core logging, site investigation work, hydrogeological testing and environmental sampling programs. SRK has a pool of experienced staff available to work in the field gathering data for technical studies.
- Design and supervision of laboratory test work programs for determining process plant recovery and design parameters;
- Project management of the study process by highly experienced staff;
- Technical design work on all the disciplines required for a feasibility study in accordance with internationally accepted norms for bankable level studies;
- Detailed financial modelling and analysis;
- Preparation of an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) in accordance with IFC Performance Standards and World Bank Guidelines; and
- Risk assessment and implementation planning.