Environmental & Social Management Planning
Successful environmental and social management can lead to improvements in a company’s community, environmental and financial performance. SRK offers comprehensive approaches to managing these issues to meet corporate, host country, lender and stakeholder requirements.
- Development of framework and detailed management systems and plans based on outcomes of environmental and social impact assessments;
- review and audit of existing management plans/systems to evaluate performance and facilitate compliance reporting
- develop and assist with implementation of plans and systems
- integration of plans into existing quality systems and procedures
- identify performance objectives, pollution reduction measures and resource optimisation
- provide training to staff and management; and
- engage with stakeholders to ensure a company’s ‘social licence to operate’ is not affected
SRK provides a systematic approach to environmental and social management for both new projects (as part of an environmental and social impact assessment process) and existing operations. Successful management is achieved through a process of planning, implementing, evaluating and improving.
SRK combines in-depth technical knowledge of mining operations and project development processes with a sound understanding of environmental and social management issues to enable cost effective management plans and systems that minimise risk and maximise on opportunities.
Over 30 years of experience in the mining industry provides SRK with insights into management practices that work. SRK’s team comprises skilled environmental scientists and engineers and social specialists with operational, regulatory and impact assessment experience. By combining this experience, SRK can assist companies to develop site specific management plans and/or systems with the aim of meeting agreed objectives. SRK has worked in countries across Africa, Asia, CIS, Middle East, South America and Europe and Greenland.