Environmental & Social Audits, Review & Monitoring
Provision of an independent opinion on performance by means of audits, reviews and monitoring programmes enables risks, liabilities and opportunities to be identified and evaluated. The results of such studies can be used to inform company management and facilitate communication with regulators, stakeholders or investors.
- Due diligence studies to raise finance or inform mergers and acquisitions;
- review feasibility studies and impact assessment reports against agreed criteria such as host country laws or the Equator Principles;
- develop and implement monitoring programmes to evaluate specific issues;
- undertake quantitative or qualitative liability and risk assessments;
- evaluate management system effectiveness including organisational capacity and training needs;
- undertake compliance audits; and
- estimate budget needed to prevent, remediate or compensate for identified liabilities.
- select team to suit specific scope of work based on technical, regulatory and country experience;
- scope and clearly define work proportional to the expected risk/liability;
- report in a clear, concise and unambiguous fashion highlighting risks and opportunities;
- propose technical, managerial or financial solutions emphasising envisaged benefits and potential cost savings; and
- work closely with our geology, mining, water, geotechnical and financial colleagues, to ensure environmental and socialissues are considered within the context of the wider operation.
- over 20 years of auditing, reviewing and monitoring the environmental and social aspects of mining and associated projects
- specialists that have completed studies all over the world ranging from high level reviews to detailed compliance audits
- well-respected by the investment community due to our extensive due diligence and independent review work; and
- fully independent specialists conversant with various international standards including the IFC Performance Standards, African Development Bank standards, ICMM guidelines, etc.