Senior Hydrogeologist - Skellefteå, Sweden
SRK currently has a vacancy for a Senior Consultant level Hydrogeologist or Hydrologist to join our Nordic team. Based at SRK’s office either in Skellefteå (Sweden) or Rovaniemi (Finland), the role will be to develop a local centre of expertise and build a team to support the requirements of mining projects in the Nordic Region and internationally. Our clients include major/mid-tier/junior mining companies, financial organisations and governments.
Our senior professionals are recognised industry experts in their areas of specialisation and the company encourages individuals to develop their own professional interests, within the supporting framework of each practice. This requires a commitment to high technical standards and continuing professional development from each member of the team.
As a Senior Consultant, the primary responsibility is to provide competent consulting services to support SRK projects and clients.
This role involves:
- Providing value-adding water related services to clients within the mining sector
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary SRK teams to provide input on feasibility and due diligence studies
- Acting in a Project Management capacity on medium and large sized projects
- Strong business development skills and an ability to actively locate new business opportunities
- Representing SRK professionally, to SRK’s clients and to interface at all levels with the client’s management and operations
- Helping to build a water team for SRK in the Nordic Region and managing and developing staff as required
- Degree or equivalent in a geological related science or engineering subject with preferably a higher degree in Hydrogeology / Hydrology and/or significant related experience gained internationally.
- Technical and project management input into a range of mining projects
- Strong English and Swedish or Finnish language skills (verbal and written)
- Strong communication and team building skills combined with a good business acumen
- A good understanding of commercial software relevant to the area of technical expertise
- Technical experience gained in an international environment is considered an advantage
Working with SRK can offer you the opportunity to:
- Work within an established global "employee owned" consulting group and to purchase shares in the company at consulting practice and global level
- Demonstrate and enhance your technical excellence within a flat management system
- Manage diverse and challenging global projects- employees join SRK for the variety of work with a range of clients
- Enjoy working with some of the leading industry experts across our practices enabling you to build on your expertise
- Benefit from an attractive salary package supplemented by a discretionary performance related bonus
- Further your professional development through mentoring, training and peer support
Overview of SRK
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining industry. The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has more than 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost effective technical solutions for over 30 years. Our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the mining, natural resources and engineering sectors.
SRK Consulting employs leading specialists in each field of science and engineering. Its seamless integration of services and global base has made the company a leading international practice in due diligence, feasibility studies and confidential internal reviews.